Re: 1995 540ia vs 1995 740ia - What to buy!?!

Steve,

Buy the 740 and put 18" wheels on it with decent performance tires. I
just bought a 98 740 after having two 540's. The extra room and confort
are unequalled. The wheel and tire package makes the car feel much
smaller than it really is while maintaining a nice highway ride. The
wheels, if tastefully chosen, can make the car appear much smaller than
its actually is and quite sporty.

The interior room and comfort are far superior in the 740. I fought it
off as long as I could thinking the 740 was too big but when it came
time to buy and I actually compared ride comfort and interior room there
was no comparison. The 740 rules.

Larry Wright
740i
M3