1995 540ia vs 1995 740ia - What to buy!?!

Hi fellow helpful digest readers, I went to look at a 95 540ia to buy
yesterday and they ended up steering me into a 95 740ia Aspen Silver/Grey
Leather(the same colors as the James Bond car in the last movie) which was
gorgeous and fun to drive with tons more options than the 1995 540ia and
the newer interior look like the 97 540i's with all digital gauges...I
don't want to buy a boat that I'll think is too big after a week (it is
huge on the outside) but for an extra $5000, it's an incredible car!  The
95 540i's are about $27K-30K and this 95 740ia is $33,900 with 60K miles.
HELP!  Any ideas?  Does anyone out there own one of these huge cars?  It is
so sumptious on the inside, I was shocked. Tons of cool features, but I'm a
37 y.o. single guy and don't exactly know if this is too much of an "old
man" car for me.
If anyone owns a 95-97 740i (not the HUGE il model) please share your
experience.
Steve