Oil Change

Hello fellow bimwads!

Question!  Why does the oil filter for my 95 325i not have a some kind of
casing around it?  Am I to assume that when the oil filter is changed the
same "casing" is to be used?  Are there any special tools that I am going
to need to change my oil?  I used to own a 84 325e and that was fairly
simple to do the oil change on.  This will be my first oil change on my 95
325i and from what I can tell it looks like it is going to be a little
different.  Can anyone give me any pointers on what to do?  Where is the
oil filter located on the engine?  I haven't baught a repair manual on the
car because I didn't think a measly little oil change would be difficult.
Do I need to buy it or is there somewhere on the net that I can go for
reference?  Any help is greatly appreciated.  TIA!

Manuel (confused!)
95 325i w/sports package