<WOB> RODD AND CREDIT CARDS

[admin note: i'm starting to get caught up on the stuff that's piled up
since tuesday; please bear with me while i work through this email backlog.
this is a message that got caught in the administrivia traps -- rpw]

1) If Rodd has been blocked and he continues to post stupid issues like Y2K
(what an idiot, my car doesn't care what day it is) just to get his name on
the list, then I think it is time for legal action.  Richard?  How is he
circumventing the filters?

[another admin note: i've not quite figured out what the hitch was, but
i've altered the filter. he's not sent a message since i did that, so i
don't know if it will work. however, while the Y2K posting was stupid and
ill-informed, i have never gone after business owners mentioning their
business in their signature, even Rodd, and won't start now (although that
sig is a bit large for my tastes). the two posts he sent yesterday were
borderline ok, and he is currently a member of the list, so despite what i
may personally think of Rodd, i will continue to attempt to be consistent,
as painful as that may be -- and that means letting stupid Rodd postings go
through, as long as they're not blatent ads. we don't have any posting
rules on the list relating to ignorance and stupidity, at least not yet. --
rpw]

2) Considering the enormous inconsistencies and irregularities on their
website, I would have demanded my credit card company cancel my # and issue
me a new card and new account #.  These guys may not charge up your card
using the name "Radio Guys" or something similiar, but this seems like a way
to get peoples cc#'s for fraudulent use elsewhere.

Michael Greto
BMW CCA-Everglades Chapter
'98 ///M Roadster
'98 Nissan Frontier (daily driver)