Mobil 1 (vs Amsoil)

[another Amsoil/MLM posting. i am given to understand that the Amsoil
product is quite good; from these postings, i see that Amsoil's marketing
approach is perhaps, a wee bit annoying -- rpw]

>Things you may not think about with Mobil versus Redline or Amsoil is the
>innovation and consistency. Mobil's ability
>to innovate will give you the latest and greatest, longest life, best
>wear
>protection, widest temperature extremes as it
>becomes available.  Consistency will ensure you get those benefits every
>time.  Enough said, if anybody has
>specific questions I will try to answer.
>
>Rebecca

Innovation?  Amsoil had Series 2000 0w-30 out for over a year before Mobil
introduced Mobil 1 0-30.  They introduced their first synethetics years
before Mobil 1.  Tell me how Mobil is innovative in the Synthetic market.

Consitency?  Amsoil has been selling synthetic oils for cars since 1972,
several years before Mobil jumped on the bandwagon.

Performance		VI	Flash pt Pour Point (both deg F)
AMSOIL   10w-30		162      520     -76
Mobil 1  10w-30         160      450     -65

Long life?
Amsoil guarantees 25k-35k mile intervals in WRITING.  Mobil says to follow
mfg's drain intervals.

Protection?
Guranteed in writing.  Any damage caused by the oil.

Gee... looks like Amsoil stands out.

I'm not saying Amsoil is the absolute best, but it beats Mobil 1 in my
book.  The only problem with Amsoil is the MLM sales structure.  I've used
Amsoil for several years  and I've been very satisfied.

Dan -former Mobil 1 customer.