Re: Re: Update on Sacramento Valley Chapter <sorta wob>

Tim, I saw your comments, which were preceeded by your copy of my
report.  Then you said:

>Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:56:07 PDT
>From: "Tim Gergen" <m3gizmo@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Update on Sacramento Valley Chapter
>
>I am a member of the Sacto Valley Chapter.  I have spoken with Pat and
>others. Let me clarify a few things here.
>Pat was not asked to resign, she was encouraged to stay.

I just want to clarify that I did not say that Pat DeWitt was "asked to
resign", which is how you said it.  As stated in my report, which you
copied, I said that I had heard that Pat was resigning.  Why she is
resigning, or whom may have asked her to, or not, or whatever her
reasons were, are all subjects on which I have no information.  I have
nothing against Pat, in fact I hardly know her.  One thing is obvious:
when any chapter, yours or any other, is highly dependent on one person
to run almost everything, when that person burns out or has to deal with
other time consuming matters, the chapter will most certainly suffer.
That's what I meant when I said that Pat's resignation appeared to be
what was needed to get the chapter unsuspended.

The purpose of my posting was to let members of the chapter know that
some action was being taken to make the chapter operational again.
There had been several postings to the Digest from members who were
complaining about the chapter and/or it's suspension.  Now they know
that there will be an election and they can be a part of shaping the
direction of the chapter.  If you Sacto Valley members find someone
willing to take over, that's great.  If you re-elect Pat, that's great,
too.  That's your business.  At least you know you have an opportunity
to participate.

Actually, from what I heard, the newsletter was the main issue with
which CCA National had problems.  Maybe what you need, more than a
president, is for more people to make contributions to the newsletter.
Even the best editor can't make up for a lack of material forever.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to clarify what I said or didn't say.  I hope
your chapter gets what the members want, whatever or whoever that might
be.  Good luck.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977