Re: Has this ever happened to you??????

Manuel Parede wrote:
>I had a problem with my 95 325i yesterday.  It seems that my battery died
>with no apperant warning.  The car has 53k on it and was running fine.  I
>just tried to start it and it wouldn't.  It wouldn't even jump start.  Has
>this ever happened to anyone?  I had another bimmer before this one an 84
>325 e and that battery didn't go till about 90k.  Is this normal, for a
>battery to konk out at 53k?  When I got the car started with my new 106$
>battery I took off the battery posts to see if my alternator was bad but it
>seems to be o.k..

Should'a gone with the $70 Douglas battery (BMW OEM) from Batteries Plus.
Same battery as what your BMW dealer sells you.  Just watch as the Douglas
truck shows up at their parts dept. door.  Age is more critical, as is how
you treated it.  Ever checked the battery fluid level?  Your battery tray
will also accept the larger battery as fits under the seat in the E34.  A
tight fit but your tray is set up for a larger footprint, hold down
threaded insert and all.  As for yours, 4 years is not an unusual service
life.  We're replacing almost all the '94s right now, '95s will be soon.

- -Phil Marx