Re: Has this ever happened to you??????

> I had a problem with my 95 325i yesterday.  It seems that my battery died
> with no apperant warning.  The car has 53k on it and was running fine.  I
> just tried to start it and it wouldn't.  It wouldn't even jump start.  Has
> this ever happened to anyone?  I had another bimmer before this one an 84
> 325 e and that battery didn't go till about 90k.  Is this normal, for a
> battery to konk out at 53k?  When I got the car started with my new 106$
> battery I took off the battery posts to see if my alternator was bad but it
> seems to be o.k..

The battery on my 635 gave me lots of warning. At the start
of winter it just turned the engine over slower and slower.

My 318iS '93 just went all of a sudden, no warning. I had to
jump start it to drive to the battery store! Even with a
good jump start it wouldn't hold a charge but a new battery
cured it. It has 53K at the time and was 4.5 years old.

It is age which kills a battery rather than miles. Anything
over three years in a hot country is a bonus.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!