E24 Factory Seat Options

5:54 PM

Hello

I've come across a `85 635CSi Automatic at one of the local small time car
lots. It has the powered Recaro seats instead of the standard eight way
powered luxury seats. How rare is it to find a US spec car with these in
it. I've owned three US version sixers myself and have been a BMW addict
for many years. This is actually the first time I've ever seen a 635CSi
with these seats. Have I just led a sheltered life or are the Recaros
pretty rare? Would their presence suggest that there is other non-standard
equipe on the car as being part of a "sport package" or were the seats most
likely just an individual option that was added?

Thanks,

Gene