Re: e30 wiper problems

Louie Rendek writes:
> Michael wrote:
>
> >Subject: E30 Wipers
>
> <snip>
> >properly) my wipers stop working!!!!!
> >It happened as i came home from a BMW club meeting in the pouring rain..
> >My wipers are now stuck in the middle of the windsceen and there is a
> >noise on all the time now, like the wiper motor is still running, even
>
> The wipers wouldn't stop going until they got stuck also on the windshield.
>  At that point I pulled to fuse to stop the motor from turning.  Went to
> the dealer and they told me that the motor was bad....huh?  the motor is
> still going I told them.  They told me the motor was bad.  I went and got a
> reconditioned motor, put it in (very tough to do) and it did the same thing
> and ended up burning out before I could get to the fuse.  That motor was
> over $100 I think.  Turned out that when I went back to the dealer and told
> them about replacing the motor, another guy there said, "Oh, you just have
> a bad relay."  The cost of the relay was around $25 if I remember correctly
> (didn't get car club discount and should've gotten it elsewhere for
> cheaper).  The relay on my car was under the steering column.  Very easy to
> access.  In fact the guy from the dealer just came out to my car and put it
> in himself.  10 minutes and it was in and the problem was gone.  Luckily I

Sounds interesting. I had the same problem and I went to
the dealer. The guy told me "Ok, this is a bad relay!".
Fine, we replaced the relay, everything was Ok until
a couple of days later it stopped again! It turned out
to be a bad fuse that kept going in and out. It would be
funny if it was not expensive :-)

Regards,
Albert

- --
Albert Dorofeev, '86 320i E30 M20/6, Belgium, Europe