BMW E46

Wow, I just returned from my dealership who had two of the new E46s on
display, a silver 328 and a green 323.  Quite amazing!!  These cars really
do look about 10000x better in person than in all the photos.  I could not
find one design flaw when looking in person.  The car also looks very
aggressive, very very aggressive, the body fattens as you move down from
the roof, giving it a very nice stance.  The ride height looked fairly low
too, and these were versions without the sports package, which wont be
available until OCTOBER.

They also had new brochures available, and I picked one up.  If anyone has
any specific questions, I can try to answer them, otherwise, the brochure
just regurgitate information.  Something of interest are the 0-60 times.
This is what they list:

323i: 7.1 (8.2)
328i: 6.6 (7.2)

() = Automatic

Looks like these cars can really haul ass, I expected a bit of a
slowdown, but these numbers are very reassuring.  I honestly couldnt bare
to leave the dealership without one of these cars, first time thats ever
happened to me, but I have convinced myself I will be happier if I wait
for the sports packaged versions to arrive.  I'm awaiting to test drive
these babies on friday, I'll try to get a report in then.

 --------
 Mark (aka cu) / iCE Staff
 cu@domain.elided