Re: ABS Warning Lamp

> Just a little teaser for you! On a friends 1990 735i SE Auto (E32), the ABS
> warning light occasionally comes on whilst driving. If he stops the car,
> turns off the engine and then restarts it, the light goes off and stays off!
> This is happening intermittently at the moment and under no particular
> conditions. I am thinking maybe a faulty ABS relay is the cause? Anybody
> care to offer an alternative cause or confirm my diagnosis?

When my 635CSi did this it turned out to be a bad rear wheel
bearing, a very bad one! Does he have a whining noise at speed?
It's more likely to be electrical though. On my 318iS a
sensor had to be replaced under warranty once.

- --
Email: john@domain.elided, John G.Burns B.Eng, Aberdeen, Bonny Scotland
Web  : http://www.unixnerd.demon.co.uk - The Ultimate BMW Homepage!