Re: annoying bonger

> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 1998 19:36:37 -0700
> From: Marian Ranum <marianra@domain.elided>
> Subject: annoying bonger
>
> Hello All,
>
> Is it possible to disable the Annoying Bonger which activates when I =
> open the driver's door with the key in the ignition, or when turn on the =
> ignition before I've fastened by belt?
> A dealer service rep told me it could not be done because it would =
> prompt a trouble code in the computer if it were disconnected or =
> otherwise screwed with(bad sentence!).
> Anyway, anyone have any ideas?
> TIA
> Reed/Seattle
> 98 M3 with Fikses, soon to have D4ATF and BLISS

Sure, I have a couple of great ideas.  Make sure the keys are out of the ignition
before you open your driver's door and fasten your seatbelts before you turn the
ignition on.  No more bongers except maybe the ones in your head.  My 97 M3 must be
a lot different than your 98 because I don't have all those annoying bonger
problems.

Suzy
ready for the annoying bonger flame war