E30M3 Alignment-Turner's KMAC camber/caster plates

From: Grant M. Wells@ECCI on 08/05/98 10:55 AM

Just got back from aligning my M3 wannabe.

The '88 M3 struts are coupled with Turner's KMAC camber/caster plates.
The techs were able to get over 3.5 degrees negative camber (opposed to 3
degrees
quoted in Will's catalog, my lowering must have helped), but we backed the
settings
to 9 degrees caster & 3 degrees neg camber with slight toe out.  Any more
than 3 degrees
neg camber caused a caster equalizing (left to right) problem on my car.
After replacing the rear subframe,
'88 M3 pieces, and other in the rear, I was concerned about thrust angle &
toe in.
The 245/45/16s made the rear toe look "off", but thankfully it was perfect.
Techs had never seen a car with a 0 thrust angle.  I guess I got lucky with
all the wrenching
I did over the last month (especially after the GA mosquitos drained nearly
every drop
blood I got).

Anyway...I think Will's new KMAC camber/caster line is worth checking out.
Love the M3 pieces.

BTW, Aug 15-16 SCCA Solo 1 is coming up at Road Atlanta...still offering
free drives during touring laps (lunch)
if any list members wanna come out and enjoy.  No clutch-free powershifting
allowed!  Franky finds cv joints
tasty.  Wondering how to find me...Look for the ONLY Solo 1 BMW at the
event.
Trying to get some of you to try Solo 1.  What does it take folks?

Grant
gwells@domain.elided
'87 325is w/M50...