<E36> Another Person with Fuel Guage Problem

Yesterday, I had to refuel during a highway drive, (ambient temperature
around 25C). After refueling, it took 35 minutes for the fuel gauge to
return from the empty mark to the full mark. Why so long? The gauge also
did this one other time during normal city driving (albeit a few months
ago). Wife said she filled the tank and when I went out to use the car
the gauge read empty and SLOWLY crawled up again.   Any hints as to what
is going on here? All help appreciated...

Murray Wilks
97 318i

PS: Just got back from Germany and saw several BMW hatchbacks with 316i
or 318i badges instead of "ti". Are they ALL not badged "ti" in Europe?
Just curious...