<ALL> Re: BL/SS Notchiness

>resist the urge to bend your linkage rod for hopes of "less notchy"
>shifting. your new yellow washers will break in, making shifting easier.

I was at the first NJ shifterfest when Ben the man installed the M3
Roadster shifter into my M3. I pulled out of the garage and he asked,
Well? I short of shrugged and let out a muted it's nice. Actually, it
was notchy and I was very disappointed, especially after he said it was so
smoooth.

Well, after a couple of weeks the thing got really SMOOOOTH and I was
guessing that it was due to the tight new pieces getting settled. That or
the new lever was wearing out the transmission <g>, just kidding.

Well, I also attended the second NJ shifterfest and had the bent BL/SS
installed. It has been a couple of weeks and it still feels notchy, but
getting better.

So just relax and remember good things come to those who wait.

Thanks Ben!

BTW, Ben the shift keys are near your pinky fingers <g>
 Stephen Lafredo - 3.2 M3             email: slafredo@domain.elided

 Delaware Valley Chapter
 New Jersey Chapter
 National Capital Chapter