Drive for the Cure - Omaha

Went out to participate in this since it was the first pass through Omaha.
Well organized and lots of fun.  Go to the BMW NA web page and look up the
schedule for a session near you - under the Ultimate Drives section.  Worth
your time and a great cause.  Three fleets covering North America through
November.

Anyway, got to shuttle the signature car to the next stop in Des Moines.
Hopped in and .. wait - this fuel gauge is in liters?!? The speedo is in
KPH??  What??? This is a European version of the 528iT(A).  Had the
"whatever"-O-Matic five speed auto tranny with the manual shift function to
the left of the auto gates.  128 miles later, I would have given them my L6
and any amount of money they wanted for the car.  It was fantastic to
drive.  Sadly, its the "euro" version and we won't get it in it's present
form.  Very capable even with a slush box.  Flown in from Brazil in late
July for this tour.  Route leader told me when I got into the car that I
would love it.  He was right.  Later one of the other tour guys asked me
how I got the car for the trip.  He said that they let no one drive this
car.  Oh well, even the dumb get lucky occasionally.

So, 16 Bimmers await your hand on the wheel.  Find a stop near you and then
just go out there and do it.  Call in advance to schedule your cars.

Enjoy,

Bob Duckworth