<E36>Alarm Information

Someone recently inquired about BMW alarm options, and In my reply I
mentioned www.autoys.com, whom I have bought from in the past.  Since I had
not actually visited their site in awhile, I decided to do so.  On their
specials page, They have a couple of new Crimestopper (or Crimeguard, never
can remember the exact brand name) alarm models that caught my eye,
particularly since I haven't paid much attention to alarms in the last few
years.  Anyways, they list one that has pretty much every feature you can
imagine, including remote start for manual transmission cars (didnt know
this was possible), as well as a new keyfob transmitter thats also a
receiver.  Cool looking little device that has a small pull-out antenna.
The receiver goes off if your alarm goes off.  Even tells you which zone was
triggered.  And, allegedly you can arm/disarm the car for up to a mile away,
even through building walls.  (allegedly) If you can't see or hear the car,
you get confirmed via a flashing confirmation light on your transmitter.
This is in addition to all the other current hi-tech alarm features, ie
code-hopping, carjack protection, special valet mode, keyless entry, windows
up/down, ports on the alarm brain for additional upgrades, etc, etc.  True,
a basic alarm can give you just as much protection, but for those who like
gadgets and toys and neat tricks.....After just watching the Bond movie
Never Say Die, I gotta admit, that remote start feature seems pretty "cool",
Now, if I could just figure out a way to drive it remotely, like Bond did
the 7-series....

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD