To E46 or not to E46

All,

 Has anyone heard information concerning the new E46 with the sports suspension
package. As I understand it from a sales person at a local dealer the new E46
springs have been softened and the sports package will bring it back into line
with current E36 spring rates. While driving one of these new 328i it's very
noticeable that they have gone towards a more softer gentler ride, not something
I'm ready to give my (97) 328i up for yet?

 Michael O'Brien
 97 - 328i
 Tampa, Fl.