Re: <E30> E30 M3 Springs on an E30 325is

Hi Kurt-
I put a set of M3 springs on an '88 325ic that I once owned.  Fabulous low budget
stock upgrade.  The fronts on the convertibles sit too high from the factory
anyway and this upgrade fixed that problem nicely for me.  I didn't do any
specific measurements, but it dropped the rear so that it sat just over the top
of the 15" wheel and tire combo that I had on the car.  Very nice upgrade and it
will fit fine on any E30 car.  Good luck.

Kurt Zimmerman wrote:

> Hi has anyone put E30 M3 springs on an E30 325i or is?  I was going to do
> this, but when I looked at the M3 rear springs they where significantly
> shorter than the stock 325is rear springs.  I know that the spring rate is
> quite different so maybe they will work fine.  But I chickened out because I
> recall someone saying that the spring pads are further up the trailing arm on
> an M3 than they are on a 325is.  I know that the M3 front springs will only
> drop the car 3/4" - 1" and I want a corresponding drop in the rear. I don't
> want the rear of my car to be dragging.
>
> If anybody has installed E30 M3 rear springs on a standard E30, what were the
> results?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kurt Zimmerman
> Hoosier Chapter

- --
Jason Lile                               Administrator
Parts Manager                            BMW Parts Digest
Zionsville Autosport
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com