<E30> E30 M3 Springs on an E30 325is

Hi has anyone put E30 M3 springs on an E30 325i or is?  I was going to do
this, but when I looked at the M3 rear springs they where significantly
shorter than the stock 325is rear springs.  I know that the spring rate is
quite different so maybe they will work fine.  But I chickened out because I
recall someone saying that the spring pads are further up the trailing arm on
an M3 than they are on a 325is.  I know that the M3 front springs will only
drop the car 3/4" - 1" and I want a corresponding drop in the rear. I don't
want the rear of my car to be dragging.

If anybody has installed E30 M3 rear springs on a standard E30, what were the
results?

Thanks,

Kurt Zimmerman
Hoosier Chapter