RE: <E28> Dies once after take off

>About a week ago, my 88 528e, leaving a restaurant (after parked for
>about 45 minutes), about 60 ft down the road it died, I put in "N" and
>cranked it back up and drove on, did not die again.  Two days later,
>same thing, this time parked a little longer.  And ever since, a few
>times here and there, when driving it within the first two to three
>minutes (max) it would die, but easily crank back up.  Any ideas?

I've seen this before.  Try checking the main relay and the fuel pump
relay.  Watched a car run seamlessly for 1.5 hours and then die without a
sputter.  Bad fuel pump relay.

>    Also, twice in the past three weeks after wouldn't start immediately
>(normally takes about 2-3 seconds of cranking), it would take about
>another 10-15 seconds to crank (each crank no longer than 4-5 seconds).
>Any ideas?  Rotor? Plugs?

Possiibly a leaking fuel injector.  Was this when the bimmer was cold or
hot?  This might also be related to a bad relay.

Kenn Sebesta
http://www.euromajic.com