Re: totally clueless

> Poindexter wrote:

What a nice way to start out your reply. I didn't see 'Poindexter' in
his sig file anywhere and I looked twice.

<snip>

>> I've got at least 4-5/32 left on the rest of the tires, so it'd be a bit of
>> a waste to throw them away, but I'd rather be safe than have a blowout at
>> speed. (I'm headed up to Watkins Glen in Sept.)<

> This is a joke right?  SHOE GOO?  MOLTEN ENVIRONMENT?

I must admit the Shoe Goo idea wasn't the best, but he was using it as an
example of how a similar problem was resolved with running/tennis shoes.
I used to use Shoe Goo and the stuff worked.

> I mean, this really sounds like something Duane would pull.... :-)

Except Duane, and I know him well, would be the first guy to offer real help
to Marc, not snide remarks.

> sure, just put some shoe goo on it, go run Watkins Glen, and let Darwin's
> evolution theory do the rest.

Suggesting harm to another Bimwad, real cool Mark!

I understand, from some other people, you are a decent autoxer, but
wasn't there a time when even YOU didn't have all the answers. I know Marc,
and these questions were asked in all seriousness and I'm sure he was looking
for more than you have graciously offered. Marc may not be the fastest guy at
our autoxes, but he works at and helps to coordinate our events and deserves
more than your childish jabs.

> ps: inadequate heat cycling had nothing to do with it, as I personally have
> never heard of, or seen, such a problem.  More likely totally uninformed &
> undisciplined operator error.  Maybe if you spent as much time becoming as
> informed as you are trying to sound this wouldn't have happened.

> mark A. sipe

I can tell you that Marc is no worse an autoxer than most of our chapter members
and this problem probably has a better chance being related to a tire flaw. Maybe
if you would have spent as much time reading your post as writing it you wouldn't
have sent it. That could have saved you a lot of embarrassment in my opinion.

Have a nice day.

Rich Beebe
NCC

End of bmw-digest V9 #10