E34/M40 Low power bog down

     A couple of time this morning my 518 has almost died when pulling away
     from a stop.

     Almost as if I have hit third instead of second.

     I seems fine when it is allowed to breath properly ! (top end revs ok)
     There seems to be a lack of pull from the bottom end of the rev. range
     too but then it is only an 1800cc !
     It has a Star chip but as I have said in earlier mails it is not as
     tractable or smooth as my unchipped 518 that is a year younger with
     the same mileage.

     Any Ideas where to look ?
     HT electrics ?
     engine sensors ?
     Fuel delivery ?

     I am off on holiday to France from the UK soon and would like to find
     something to fix first.

     Garry