Trailering a BMW

Don't put the straps through the wheels. It allows the suspension to travel.
That is why pros attach the the car from the chassis. If you don't have access
to professional chains and T hooks, for short money you can obtain cargo
straps with D hooks at each end. Loop them over the suspension. They are also
available with protective sleeves etc and in "Y" configurations as well. to
properly have a car on a trailer it needs to be attached at four points,
prevents the load from shifting.

If the car is being taken on a long trip, it is a good idea to check the tie
downs at each pit stop. Things shift and loosen up. Shift happens.

When I see a car on a trailer I allow two lanes to pass it since I've seen a
number of cars flip off a trailer or a trailer flip. But, what do I know?

Bubba Michel