Re: [bmw] wandering 95 M3

Apart from alignment, as noted by others, tires, especially if worn, are a
good place to start looking.   But if it's on undulations, rather than bumps,
I'd also look at shocks, especially if original, rear shock mounts and rear
trailing arm bushings, which are all known E36 maintenance areas.

There are plenty of other possibilities.   If your brother has limited
diagnostic capabilities, it's time to see a trusted mechanic, rather than just
throw
parts at it.

HTH,

Martin Bullen