Re: [bmw] wandering 95 M3

"jun lim" <jslim22@domain.elided> wrote:
> My brother has asked me to post this question.  He has a stock
> 95 M3 with about 40K miles.  He seems to feel that small undulations
> on the road makes the car wander excessively.  This does not happen
> on the highway which may or may not be due to smoother surface on
> the highway.

Jun,
There are a ton of scenarios. Assuming the car has not been wracked or
misaligned, I would suspect rear trailing arm bushings (RTABs). If they
wear, the rear starts to provide steering inputs as the suspension
compresses/rebounds.
The replacement is very simple with the right tool. 30 minutes/side +
another 15 to get the car in the air and remove the rear wheels. You may
need to re-align the car if the rear toe brackets were not marked and
bolted back exactly as they were.

HTH,
alex f