[bmw] condensation in trunk 88 535i

Ray asks
>I've been having a great deal of condensation on the inside walls of the
>trunk. I suspect the rear window seal, although it looks intact.
>With an overnight rain there is enough moisture in the trunk to soak up a
>small bath towel.

most often, trunk leaks are the result of blocked sunroof drains - they go
down the C pillar, over the rear wheel well and down and out behind the
bumper (on the side of the car)

two common methods for cleaning them out are compressed air or stuffing down
the plastic 'string' from a weedeater (nice and stuff but won't gouge the
plastic pipe)

the rear spare wheel well also has drains at the bottom and sometimes you
get water up inside the well

the trunk seals sometimes leak (look for cuts in the seal between the trunk
and the rear windshield area) or sometimes it's the tail light gaskets - get
inside the trunk, close the lid and have a (good) friend spray it with a
hose to look for leaks..

hope this helps