Re: [bmw] 1988 535i shimmy

Hi there Ray,

Maybe you've got warped brake rotors (disc brake) that can cause this kind
of shimmy. Your mechanic can take a look at it and if necessary send them to
be machined. Easy job to do if necessary.
Another common problem that can cause this kind of shimmy is when the wheels
are mounted on the car and are not very well centered. Jack the car, remove
the wheel bolts, center the wheel and tighten it with the bolts.
Hope this can help you.
Best Regards,
Rodrigo