Re: [bmw] 1988 535i shimmy

Checked those brake rotors yet? I had a 2002 Honda Accord with the same problem. Hard braking can sometimes warp the rotors on a car and cause "shimmy and shake" during braking. While they might look smooth and ok the warpage might not be visible to you visually. If you have a set of micrometers check the thickness in several different locations over the entire disc. You may find some differences. If you do its time to replace or surface them.

Robert Chase

ray dsilva wrote:

Hi all,
My 535i has developed a fairly dramatic shimmy while braking only, from about 50mph down to about 40mph+. I have changed the brake pads (3 month ago) and all the suspension components seem ok. Any idea what might be going on?
thanks..ray