[bmw] ['00 540i/6] Clutch pedal "popping"

Hi all...

I have an '00 540i/6 and I'm having a problem with the clutch or clutch pedal
mechanism. Of course, it's intermittent and goes away when I bring it to the
dealer.

The symptom is that when I press the clutch pedal to the floor, it "clicks".
When I release the pedal, it will move up and then kind of "pop" up. From a
stop, the car will jerk forward as the pop rapidly engages the clutch. It
does it in all gears, but is most noticeable from a stop going into first.

I've had the dealer lubricate the cable, but it didn't help.

The only thing that I can seem to correlate to the fact that it doesn't
happen all the time is temperature.  When it is really cold out, it doesn't
seem to happen.  But when the temp hits 40 or so, it starts to occur.

If anyone has a clue, I'd appreciate it...

/greg

--
Gregory F. March    -=-    http://www.gfm.net:81/~march    -=-    AIM:GfmNet