Re: [bmw] New Touring Shocks

I have installed the Bilstein Touring shocks and struts one year ago on my
'95 E36/5 318ti and am very happy with them.  They are definitely firmer
than the OE Boge shocks that were on the car before.  They also have the
lifetime warrantly from Bilstein.  They were recommended to me by someone I
spoke with at shox.com when I told them I wanted a ride that would be close
to stock because I really like the stock BMW ride/handling compromise.  They
definitely suprised me by being substanitally firmer than stock, although I
have no idea how firm the Bilstein HD shocks are as I've never been in a car
with them installed.  Overall, I am happy with the Tourings as the ride did
not get overly jarring while the handling improved drastically (although
much of the improvement probably owing to the fact that the OE shocks were
dead).
Martin