Re: E36 M3 Stalled, won't start

"Mark Cecil" <mjcecil@domain.elided> wrote:
> Ah...  Then, question:  Why would the car not start the very first
> time after the rolling engine cutoff?

This thread has gone on for far too long. For all I know the car should
have restarted right back up and kept on purring. OTOH, I doubt the DME
was properly stress-tested for rapid re-booting, so who knows what could
have gone wrong.
BTW, as long as you were moving, you could have just shoved the car in
gear and restarted it that way.
All of the above would have been moot had the owner not been brain-washed
by over-exposure to the reboot-happy field of computers ;-)

alex f
(CS major)