Constant flooding problem [was Re: E36 M3 Stalled, won't start]

Hey All,

I'm a little late to the discussion, but having a somewhat related problem.

Car is a '94 318is - was flooding and wouldn't start, until I pulled and cleaned the plugs, drained fuel out of the tank, then re-assembled. It ran great for a week after that.

Came out a day later and had the flooding problem again.

What I've determined now is that the fuel pump is running whenever the battery is *connected*, even if the key isn't in the ignition. I can hear it with the rear seat out. My assumption is that I've got a bad relay in there, but I've swapped relays around haven't been able to track down the problem.

Is there anything besides the main relay near the fusebox that is in circuit on the fuel pump, and could be causing this?

Can any one give some suggestions?

Regards,
Drew