Re: E36 M3 Stalled, won't start

Ah...  Then, question:  Why would the car not start the very first time
after the rolling engine cutoff? The car has had NO other starting
problems...  Not even a blip in 96,000 miles.  So I do believe that the
initial problem is directly a result of this abnormal driving condition.

It is possible that the key remained in or returned to the ON position after
turning the motor off through whatever clumsiness occurs in one's hands at
5:30 in the morning.  (Wait a minute...  imagine it's 5:30 a.m., and dark...
you have just killed your motor, but you still need to see.  You return the
keyswitch to ON, so you can engage the headlights. This makes some sense
chain-of-events-wise. Now I will assume the keyswitch was ON!)

Will the fuel pump run while the Keyswitch is ON, or does the engine have to
be running?  If it's just the keyswitch, then isn't it possible that a
running fuel pump will force fuel in through the injectors, regardless of
their being actuated?

See! Despite my apparent lack of any common sense whatsoever, I really do
want to understand how these things work, and in excruciating detail, if
possible.

mjc
    -= Mark Justin Cecil == New Orleans, LA == mjcecil@domain.elided =-
                    -= http://noml.dyndns.org/mark.html =-
    -= UNIX/Storage Architecture, Implementation, and Administration =-

           "The truth is the truth, no matter what you *believe*"