help with OBC and instrument cluster

Hey all,

Big issues with my OBC.  It's stopped working about two months back, I
get "CODE?" displayed on the check console display and "PPPP" on the
OBC digital display.  All guages are dead with the exception of tach and speed.  All attempts to reset this have failed (I've done everything from the programming pages throughout the net).  I've also replaced the capacitors in the instrument cluster as reccommended by e34bmw.net.. still to
no avail..  I'm really getting frustrated.  I also replaced the fuses to the obc and
disconnected the battery for 24 hours and reconnected.. Still nothin.. What do you guys think?   Should I buy a new SI board or coding plug?  Or better yet should I just get a whole new instrument cluster?  I've found one in salvage for 250 bucks.  If I can replace it, I'll probably do that, however, I know my SRS light will probably still remain lit.  Anyrate, I don't want to pay 1100.00
plus for this job.

Matt