AC switch -> washer motor?

I had my car in to have the AC charged up over the weekend. The guy said
that he put 2lbs in, and got .25lbs out, so there's a pretty good leak
somewhere. It was at a quick change kinda place, so they didn't have dye
to further diagnose it.

Anyway, when I drove away the AC switch was on, so I turned it off
(running the compressor without any gas in there is bad, right?). When I
turn the switch off, the washer fluid motor turns on and sprays the
windshield.

This didn't happen before I went in for the AC charge, so I went back
and talked to the guy who worked on my car. He says he noticed that, but
that he didn't do anything to the electrical stuff, so he doesn't know
why it happened and couldn't explain the change in behavior.

I'm going to take the car into somewhere that is more equipped to do AC
stuff to get the leak taken care of, so I could have em debug this as
well, but I'd rather spend more of my time (free) and less of their time
($$$).

Any suggestions?

--
Adam Lazur, Cluster Monkey