Driver's seat

I am suffering from a common problem with my 1990 E30 325i, namely a badly
twisted driver's seat back.
It appears the main problem is in the adjustment mechanism at the hinge.

I may be able to do major surgery on it to put it right, if not I need a
replacement.

The thought occured to me, if all US seats of this vintage have similar
problems, finding a replacement will be tough, however, what if I went for a
UK car passenger seat?

Is it the same seat in a right hand drive car as it is in the Left hand
version?

Enquiring minds want to know....

Regards,

Will Hartje