repairing cylinder head 325i E30

Hi group,

I had two broken rocker arms in my M20 motor.  Seeking to salvage what I can
the most economically and efficiently, I have removed the cylinder head from
the engine according to the Bentley guide.  I have a refurbished cylinder head
being delivered.  In order to send back my old head to get back the core
charge, I stripped the head of the exhaust and intake manifolds, the timing
gear,
etc.   Removing the head with the exhaust and intake manifolds intact was an
unwieldy process.

Here's the question....Can I install the refurbished head first and then
replace the exhaust and intake manifolds with the head in place, or must I
first
attach them to the head and then install that as an entire unit?  How would it
be done professionally?

Thanks for the help.

Warren
1988 325is