M42 Crankshaft Oil Seal

Hello,
I need to change the front crank oil seal on my 1991 M42 engine.
I have experience doing this on american engines, but not on the M42. I
tought it would be as easy but after looking in my Haynes manual (well, my
E30 Bentley doesn't cover the M42), it seems that they say that the timing
cover needs to be removed and also the chain!
Can someone confirm that the crank pulley and hub can be removed only by
unbolting the 245ft/lb bolts and the seal pryed out from the case?

Thanks
Michel.

Confidentiality Message
This e-mail message is confidential and is intended for the exclusive use
of the addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from disclosing,
distributing or reproducing it. If the addressee cannot be reached or is
unknown to you, please inform the sender by return e-mail immediately and
delete this e-mail message and destroy all copies. Thank you.

Avis de confidentialiti
Ce message, transmis par courriel, est confidentiel et est ` l'usage
exclusif du destinataire ci-dessus. Toute autre personne est par les
prisentes avisie qu'il lui est strictement interdit de le diffuser, le
distribuer ou le reproduire. Si le destinataire ne peut jtre joint ou vous
est inconnu, veuillez informer l'expiditeur par courrier ilectronique
immidiatement et ditruire ce message et toute copie de celui-ci. Merci.