RE: <e28> suspension and springs

"Doug Dykaar" <dykaar@domain.elided> wrote:
> Just to add to the confusion, I have an 85 e28 that I put Bilstein
> sports and H&R springs on. The rears springs are progressive, and
> poorly designed. That means that the progressive part of the spring
> is collapsed so that the bottom 4 coils touch.

Doug,
That's very weird.
My rear H&R's (and just about all rear springs I've run into) are barrel
shaped. Thus, the progressive edge coils fold into each other and never
touch.

> All of these devices, springs, shocks, sway bars, are bolt-on, no
> cutting or welding.

Agreed.
With the exception of Koni shock tower (gut'n'cut) installation and having
to cut internal bumps stops on some front Bilsteins.

> The only exception is the Dinan sway bars, which require welding
> bigger brackets to the frame, or the stockers **will** rip clean off.

That depends on the rear spring stiffness ;-)

alex f