A dying Fuel Pressure Regulater, perhaps?

'85 535i 218,000 miles
It's been running rough on warm starts for a little while - new plugs,
rotor, cap, fuel filter, air filter, valve adjustment  didn't change a
thing.

The last couple of days it's acted like it's starved for fuel for a few
minutes of driving - it seems that it stays that way until I can get up
enough speed that I can let off the gas and create some good vacuum in the
system.

My "feeling" is that the fuel pressure regulator is sticking or somehow
failing.  I've had fuel pump relay problems before and it doesn't act like
that at all.

Does this sound familiar to anyone - does the regulator seem like a likely
candidate here?

TIA