[alfa] Re: DIY Steel Brake Lines

All,

Hey, thanks for the info that I got from everyone who responded to my original post!

I DID get some contradictory advice. E.g., some people recommended a single flare end, whereas some recommended a double flare. It seems to me that the double-flare is the logical way to go, based on the rationale of system safety concerns.  I understand that this is done on most modern cars. I was also told that double flares are tricky to do without some experience...

So I think I'll end up removing the lines from the car and taking them to a local shop that can reproduce them with double flared ends.

Paul
Colorado Springs
'91 164S

Do you Yahoo!?