Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:48:48 -0800
From: "John Watson" <john.watson3@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] 72 GTV with electrical gremlins

I have a 72 GTV with some major electrical gremlins.

Half of the time the car is completely dead and will only start when
jumped.  Other times it's fine.

Sometimes when the car is off and I turn on the headlights, the
headlights will only come on after a few seconds, sometimes immediately,
sometimes not at all.  In any case, it doesn't seem ignition switch
related because of this symptom

Suspecting the ground cable from the battery, I replaced it over the
weekend, and subsequently blew $5.99.

Any ideas where I should look for the short?  Maybe hire some sort of
exorcist?

John Watson
San Ramon, CA
'72 GTV