[alfa] Starter running on...

Biba wrote: "Ummm, Grasshopper, doesn't that
pretty much null and void the Spica cold start solenoid completely?
Trust me, I'm keeping an open mind here."

No, it doesn't. It just means that the CSS gets energized any time the starter motor is energized by the starter solenoid (just a big relay, right?) rather than drawing current through the ignition switch. When the starter solenoid is energized, it closes a big copper bar switch that sends current directly from the battery to the starter . . . . and the CSS with that mod.