[alfa] Re: Alfa Youth

Speaking of youth and club memberships, this week I received notice that AROC
National has dissolved the Vermont chapter. We 3 or sometimes 2 or sometimes 1
members have been given the opportunity to be absorbed into the National
chapter or a local of our choice. Vermont is no more. We have the roads but
not the members - be they young or old.

Having moved from Connecticut to Vermont 5 years ago, it seemed best to drop
back into AONE since the most activity I have ever experienced was with that
Group. Sadly, it is a long ride from Burlington to the greater Boston area so
involvement is very tough. Thankfully Lime Rock is close and the National
Convention is in New Hampshire this year.

BTW ... on your way to the Convention, head north and enjoy some of Vermont's
great mountain roads. We no longer have a Club but we do have the roads.

Meanwhile, it remains in the 30's, the Spider will sleep in the garage for
another month, and I will continue to lust for the meetings, events, and rides
of those folks in warmer climates.

Rob Favali
Burlington VT
93 Spider Veloce
AROC member on the outskirts

PS. I have donated to the Digest in the past and will continue to do so. I
would also gladly pay an annual fee for rights to access the Digest. Worth
every dollar ....!