RE: [alfa] Fitting 164 Engine Into a Milano - Advice Needed

> I've been told that the 2.5 L and 3.0 L engine blocks
> are slightly different in length (or perhaps their
> crankshafts are). Therefore, fitting a 164 engine to
> the Milano requires the use of a different length bell
> housing and possibly a different flywheel than the one
> found on my 2.5 L engine. Otherwise the starter motor
> will not mate properly, etc. Can anybody explain
> exactly what needs to be done?

My understanding is that some time during the 2.5 and/or 3.0 run, the cranks
were changed slightly, however it's a function of the crank and block
matching, and that the entire engine/crank assembly will drop right into any
of the V6 based cars.

I could be wrong..

bs