[alfa] living the dream...

I thought I would write a quick update for those who know me.  As the rest
of you probably don't recall, my wife and I left Seattle a little over a
month ago to move to Munich, Germany for work.  This turned out to be the
longest day of my life!

We awoke at 7am February 5th and worked furiously to finish packing and
cleaning our house which was going on the market two days later.  At 11:30am
I started packing the mini-van for the drive down to Portland.  Portland
offers the only direct flight to German from the Northwest which was a
requirement since we were bringing our dogs, a Husky and a Samoyed, both of
whom weigh almost 70lbs each.  Of course, the van was supremely over-packed
and our goods barely made it in.  By noon we were on the road trying to make
a 5pm flight in Portland.  We got to the airport late of course and with all
of our extra luggage and dogs, we were the last two people to board.

Next up was a 10 hour flight to Frankfurt---not our final destination!  We
finally arrived and waited anxiously for our dogs, worried that something
would be wrong but they both popped out of luggage handling a bit frazzled
but perfectly fine and happy to see us.  I had been worried for weeks about
their import/vaccination papers but when it came time to exit the airport
and go through customs there was no one to check our documentation.  All
that worry for nothing!

It was now Friday and 2pm and we had a 5 hour drive to Munich ahead of us.
We got our rental van sorted out after the first one they gave us was too
small.  We ended up with this giant, funky looking Opel van that made me
feel like king of the autobahn.  Everyone was tired but we finally got to
Munich around 7pm and went straight for beers.

So, I know none of you care about the above.  But I did want to share that
LAST NIGHT I BOUGHT MYSELF A 1998 156 2.0 TWIN SPARK!  Woohooo!

That's about it.  If anyone feels like e-mailing me for whatever please feel
free to do so!

Thanks,

Kit Redwine

M|nchen, Deutschland