[alfa] Advise on 10548 cam timming

I know this will bring about an argument so all those in favor say I.
I noticed a week or so ago that someone had asked about 10548 cam timming. The
advise given was to follow the settings in pat bradens book. Im not sure if
the same equates to fuel injection however pats settings are just incorrect.
The standard settings for these cams are the best for all round use. If you
want maximum hp and revs then you need to retard the intake cam ie: close the
intake valve later. This single event, intake valve closing is the most
important event in the four stroke cycle. Note: in doing this we reduce the
overall overlap.
Imagine the bearing caps on the front of the exhaust and inlet cams. Then
think of the marks on the cams.
The exhaust should be straight up ie: in line with the centerline of the cam
cover stud. Note: this is where the mark is on a 105 GTV.
The intake should be retarded 6 degrees from an imaginary centerline in line
with the cam cover stud. ie: when looking from the front of the engine the
inlet cam is moved counter clockwise so that it closes later.
Each hole on the vernier adjustment at the front of the cam is 1.5 degrees.
Always make sure you have at least 1.5mm of valve to piston clearance.
Fuel settings need to be altered. Look at the jet settings for 105 series and
early 116 series cars compaired to late 116 series cars.
Pats book is great but as I have said his 10548 cam timming recomendations are
just wrong.
Cheers
Dean.