Re: [alfa] Code 1223 on a 92 Spider Veloce

Hey Dave Jarman:

Looks like I have some worthy fellow Alfisti here in Lexington.  My fingers
are crossed on the exhaust being the cause.  I did replace the soft hose
between the AFM and the hard hose.  Others look intact.  I had this all apart
recently for a little incident with a man hole cover that sheered off the oil
pans....on Richmond Rd.  No cracks or air leaks on the intake side.  Nothing else
changed, except the exhaust leak.  Filter housing on.  No additives in the gas.

Did you know I met your wife once.  She ran me down in the Wendy's drive thru
on Richmond Rd.  I was in my pearl white 78.  And to keep with that
tradition, the 92 is going to be pearl white as well....but until the trip to the body
shop she is stock AR white with black interior 5 speed.  George has met me a
couple of times at SCCA events.  I know that there are a couple more S4
spiders...at least one black..maybe two in town that I have seen on Patchen and
Alumni Dr.  And another silver owned by a 20s girl over in the Liberty Rd area.  I
will keep my eyes out for you and George.  Congrats on getting your Yellow CE.

Hey Dave, I think I will bring this trouble maker over to either your's or
George's house and let the experts tackle it!

Best Regards,
John M Duncan
Lexington, KY